CoSchedule tracks engagement analytics for all messages published to Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram business accounts, and LinkedIn company pages. You can view data within individual Social Messages and Social Campaigns.
Social Message Analytics
- Click into a published Social Message to view analytics data.
- Social engagement information will appear at the bottom.
- Inside Social Messages published to a Facebook page, impressions data will also be displayed.
Social Campaign Analytics
- Click into a published Social Campaign to view analytics data.
- The line chart shows the overall engagement of your social messages.
- Next to the line chart, there is a breakdown of engagement for your Social Campaign’s Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn company page, and Instagram business account Social Messages.
- If a URL has been added to the project, the social shares will be displayed next to the excerpt.
How often are the stats updated?
After publishing, analytics will be retrieved in:
- 1 hour
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
- 1 day
- 2 days
- 4 days
- 8 days
- 14 days
- 3 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
Why aren’t stats showing for my message?
Typically, the two main issues are:
- We either have not started collecting stats for your new message.
- There has not been any engagement with that message.
How do you calculate engagement rate?
In our reporting, the social engagement rate is calculated by the total number of engagements (likes, comments, shares) divided by the total number of messages sent.
How do you define engagement?
CoSchedule defines “engagement” as follows for social networks:
Facebook Pages & Groups: number of likes, comments, and shares for each Facebook social profile
Twitter: number of likes, replies, and retweets for each Twitter social profile
LinkedIn Company Page: number of likes, comments, and clicks for each LinkedIn social profile
Instagram Business: number of likes and comments for each Instagram social profile
Do you have any specific feedback for us?
We appreciate any feedback you're willing to share.