Companies do a lot to establish a favorable brand. They have to make sure their design elements are cohesive while instilling a sense of trust to their customers.
Below are the main steps taken to build a brand.
- Determine and research your target audience
- Choose your brand’s personality
- Establish design features (colors, fonts, logos)
- Apply your branding across your business
- Evolve with company growth if necessary
Every brand has some kind of brand voice, or brand identity. Some companies even go as far as to establish a brand personality.
Businesses like Progressive personify their brand personality and use it as a way to connect with audiences through advertising efforts.
Flo’s cheery, helpful personality is a personification of the brand values Progressive hopes to portray. This helps solidify the way consumers see the brand, and the company as a whole.