Newsletters are typically sent to an audience containing the company’s members, subscribers, network of customers, prospects, or employees.
Newsletters include a main topic and often link out to other pages such as a company website, blogs or articles, or other relevant resources.
Goals of Newsletters:
- Gain new customers, subscribers, or prospects
- Share product changes & new products
- Promote products, services, or a sale
- Educate readers on a specific topic
- Improve email open/click-through rates
- Inform customers on industry news
- Convince people to purchase products
- Drive traffic to a company’s website
Here is an example of a newsletter from T-Mobile: