- How Ashton got into design and why she loves it.
- Why digital design is such an important part of the marketing process, as well as why some types of design just add visual clutter and are ineffective.
- How Ashton makes sure that her designs are intentional and relevant to the blog posts or projects she’s working on. She also talks about how she goes about storytelling through her designs.
- Tips on finding a theme and settling on colors for a particular project.
- Why communication is an integral part of the design process.
- Some of the problems that designers can encounter when they’re working with marketing teams.
- Why it’s so important that a marketing team trust the designer’s expertise.
- How marketers can work with designers when there’s something they don’t like in the image.
- Why simplicity matters for high-quality designs, as well as why simple designs can be challenging to create.
- Why agility is important, as well as how much Ashton creates over the course of a week.
- Examples of times when things just went wrong with Ashton’s design process, including what ended up being the problem and lessons she learned.
- Ashton’s vision of the future of design in marketing, as well as her advice for people just getting started in design.
Have you ever said, “make it pop,” to your graphic designer? While you know what you mean, it’s likely that your graphic designer does not have the same mental image you do. Today’s episode is going to be about collaborating with your designer to make an amazing image that pops the way you want it to. It’s all about communication!
Ashton Hauff is the CoSchedule graphic designer. She designs up to 15 blog posts every week, as well as managing our Instagram account, helping with branding, and a lot of other tasks. Today she’s going to talk to us about trusting your graphic designer, as well as how to best communicate so that together you can create something beautiful. Some of the highlights of the show include:
May 2, 2017
About the Author