The 110 Best Marketing Tools To Consider When Building Your Toolstack
- Your social media automation glitches and buries your audience with irrelevant messages.
- Your analytics provide inconsistent...unreliable… therefore, inactionable numbers.
- The customer support team at such-and-such company is delayed in resolving your issue, pushing the entire project back a few days.
- Your email marketing software goes down unexpectedly... messing with your time frame and frequency.
The 110 Best Marketing Tools To Consider When Building Your Toolstack via @CoScheduleClick To Tweet
Marketing Tool Categories:
- Email Marketing Tools
- Social Media Management Tools
- Influencer Marketing Tools
- Paid Advertising Tools
- Social Media Automation Tools
- Social Media Monitoring Tools
- Conversion Rate Optimization Tools
- Landing Page Builders
- CRM Tools
- Marketing Analytics Tools
- Content Marketing Tools
- Video Marketing Tools
- Marketing Design Tools
- Marketing Research Tools
- Marketing Automation Tools
- Marketing Workflow Tools
- Copywriting Tools
- SEO Tools
- Marketing Communication Tools
- Additional Notable Marketing Tools
Check Out CoSchedule’s Entire Marketing Toolstack
Curious to know which #marketing tools @CoSchedule uses? Find out here:Click To Tweet
Email Marketing ToolsDefined: Messages sent directly via email to prospects and/or customers to build + nurture a relationship between the recipient and the product/service. The beautiful part about email is that your recipients have already subscribed to be there... so why not take advantage of a receptive audience? However, it is more important that ever to focus on providing consistent value to your subscribers’ inbox in order to continue building your relationship.
Which email marketing tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Email Marketing Tools
- ActiveCampaign: Email marketing automation/CRM known for top-notch customer support
- AWeber: Drag + Drop email marketing service designed for marketers short on time
- Constant Contact: Email campaign software with easy-to-use editable templates
- ConvertKit: Email marketing for online creators with automated email sequences
- Drip: Intelligent email marketing automation with a visual workflow builder
- Emma: Automation, segmentation, A/B testing + more
- Email Subject Line Tester: For creating click-worthy email subject lines
- GetResponse: This one does it all: email marketing, automation, landing pages + webinars
- iContact: Email marketing automation tool rated #1 by Capterra Reviews Madness 2018
- MailChimp: Fun-to-use email marketing platform ideal for brands of any size
Social Media Management ToolsDefined: A tool used to engage with your audience + measure performance across all social networks. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram….these are the social networks where your audience spends their days. This is where they keep up on news, engage with friends and family, shop, or find out about career opportunities. Unfortunately, these are also the places they seek out to complain about an experience, product, or person. Using a social media management tool simplifies the process and helps preserve your Social Media Manager’s sanity. Instead of separate tabs for every, single network… you have a single place to log-in, plan, schedule, post, + measure ALL of your social media activities.
Which social media management tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Social Media Management Tools
- AgoraPulse: Affordable social media management tool for all team levels
- Buffer: A single dashboard for all of your team’s social media accounts
- eClincher: A complete solution for publishing, engagement, monitoring, suggested content, influencers + analytics reporting
- Falcon.io: Paid + organic posts within a single content calendar
- Followerwonk: Twitter analytics by Moz
- Hootsuite: Content curation, analytics, monitoring AND scheduling
- Social Message Optimizer: Optimize your posts according to industry best practices
- Sprinklr:An entire cloud of social and customer experience solutions
- Sprout Social: Data-led social media planning and publishing tool
- Zoho Social: A single dashboard to manage social channels, schedule posts, monitor keywords + collaborate amongst teams
Influencer Marketing ToolsDefined: A tool designed to help you find potential influencers within key topic categories to expand + connect with new audiences. Influencers can be a powerful weapon to incorporate into your marketing strategy. These individuals have become trusted and admired amongst subsets of people (potentially future customers). The common problem with influencer marketing is knowing where to start. This is where influencer marketing tools can help you get the ball rolling.
Which influencer marketing tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Influencer Marketing Tools
- BuzzSumo: Find key topics and influencers for performance
- Mention: Identify + engage potential influencers
- Julius: Influencer insights and hand-curated data
- Sparktoro: In the early stages of building a tool that will help P.R. teams discover the audiences they hope to reach.
Paid Advertising ToolsDefined: The tools marketers use to plan, execute, and measure their paid advertising efforts in order to gain traffic they may not have acquired organically. It’s becoming increasingly more difficult to reach your audience and earn traffic organically. In addition, changes to social media channels are making it harder to reach potential customers through social media marketing. Because of this, many brands have turned to paid advertising to make up for lost volume. Similarly to social, this can lead to countless open tabs and hopping back and forth between networks. Paid advertising tools help advertisers simplify this process with all-in-one campaign management for ppc, display, and retargeting across multiple networks.
Which paid advertising tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Paid Advertising Tools
- Adroll: Display ads, social ads + triggered emails in one tool
- Perfect Audience: Retargeting solution
- Spyfu: For spying on your competitors’ keywords
- Wordstream: Simplified online advertising
Social Media Automation ToolsDefined: A tool that’s set to automatically post to your social network(s) on your behalf. Social media is a 24-hours/day, 7-days/week world that doesn’t stop or slow down. Because your Social Media Manager is human, it simply isn’t realistic for them to be present every, single second. Intro: social media automation. These magical tools automate your social media and fill in gaps in your schedule so your brand can be consistently active in the networks that matter to your audience.
Which social media automation tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Social Media Automation Tools
- AgoraPulse: Engage, publish, monitor + report
- Buffer: Schedule posts and analyze performance
- Crowdfire: Discover + schedule social media in one place
- Hootsuite: Schedule, manage + report on social
- MeetEdgar: Streamline your social posting
- Sprout Social: Plan, create, manage, and deliver to social
Social Media Monitoring ToolsDefined: Tools that consistently crawl sites to track pre-determined mentions across the internet. This enables social media marketers to engage with mentions in a timely manner. You have three options when it comes to social media monitoring:
- Continuously check in across every social network, multiple times a day.
- Allow mentions to go unnoticed and leave your audience neglected.
- Use a social media monitoring tool to mine it all for you + simplify the engagement process.
Which social media monitoring tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Social Media Monitoring Tools
- Brand24: Influence + sentiment analysis as well as social monitoring.
- Meltwater: Social media monitoring + sentiment analysis
- Mention: Social media monitoring + competitor analysis
Conversion Rate Optimization ToolsDefined: A Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) tool offers web page testing and insights in order to increase conversion rates. In order to achieve growth, digital marketers can either increase traffic volume to their site, or increase on-page conversion rates. Better yet… both. Tools like these help marketers by providing actionable insights and a/b testing. An added bonus: it will be easy to show your boss the ROI this tool provides. ?
Which conversion rate optimization tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other CRO Tools
- GTMetrix: Site speed insights + actionable recommendations
- Hotjar: Site visit heatmaps
- Ion Interactive: Code-free interactive content for your landing pages
- Optimizely: Digital experimentation and optimization
Landing Page BuildersDefined: A tool designed to simplify your landing page creation process in order to convert visitors into leads. For marketers that don’t have the technical expertise to code their own page, landing page builders can be a great alternative. Many have templates and drag and drop design features to help you create quality pages quickly. This can be game-changing for collecting new leads or bottom of the funnel sales.
Landing Page Tools
- Instapage: Landing page platform for maximizing conversions
- Landingi: Landing page builder for non-developers
- Leadpages: Landing page builder + lead generation
- Unbounce: Custom landing page builder
CRM ToolsDefined: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools are designed to manage customer information and aid in sales enablement. Depending on the product or service, your customer journey can be fairly lengthy and complex. CRM tools are crucial in order to keep leads organized at every stage of their journey. The ideal software helps to align your marketing and sales goals while collecting customer data and providing actionable insights.
Which CRM platforms are best?Click To Tweet
Other CRM Tools:
- Agile: Sales enablement, marketing automation and customer service
- Hubspot CRM: Free CRM to organize and nurture leads
- Nimble: Contact management for sales + marketing
- SugarCRM: Simple to use, easy CRM tool
- Zoho CRM: An all-in-one customer engagement suite
Marketing Analytics ToolsDefined: Tools to manage + measure your marketing activity in order to determine success of each campaign. What is the ROI of your marketing efforts? When your boss asks, having the data to backup your hard work can prove invaluable. With marketing analytics tools, everything you do can be measured and reported on so you can show off your brag-worthy results. ?
Which marketing analytics tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Marketing Analytics Tools:
- CoSchedule: Marketing software with team performance insights + social media analytics
- Datorama: Intelligent marketing data reports
- Funnel.io: Automated data collection + reporting
- Google Analytics: All your website data in one place
- TapClicks: Marketing report dashboard
Content Marketing Management ToolsDefined: Tools designed to manage your entire content planning, creation, + distribution process. Providing value through content marketing is one of the best ways to turn your audience into fans (and ideally customers). However, providing quality content, consistently would be near impossible without a content marketing management tool to 1) keep you on track and 2) ensure consistent publishing.
Which content marketing tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Content Marketing Management Tools:
- Airtable: Spreadsheet-esque collaboration + more
- Contently: Enterprise content management software
- Content DJ: Content curation + editorial calendar
- CoSchedule: Drag + drop marketing and editorial content calendar
- DivvyHQ: Content strategy + workflow
- GatherContent: Content platform for team collaboration
- Kapost: B2B content operation platform
- Mintent: Content management + workflow tool
- Monday: Team task management + content planning
- Newscred: Content marketing platform built for enterprises
- Percolate: Built for enterprises, software for content planning, strategy + operations
Video Marketing ToolsDefined: Tools that simplify video creation and/or hosting in order to visually promote your brand. Video has become an important piece of content marketing in the last few years. It has the ability capture your audience’s interest early, then show + tell your brand’s value within minutes. With the emergence of video marketing, a variety of tools have emerged to assist marketers with editing, adding effects or cta’s, animation, and hosting.
Which video marketing tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Video Marketing Tools
- Animoto: Easily stylized marketing video platform for businesses.
- Brightcove: Integrated video marketing solution for marketers
- Promo: Easily editable video and photo collections
- Vidyard: Online video platform for businesses
- Vimeo: Hosting/sharing/streaming/watching
- Vyond: Dynamic media software for marketers
- Wideo: Animated video + presentations creator
- Youtube: THE video platform + second largest search engine
Design ToolsDefined: Software used to simplify the design process and add visual branding to your marketing strategy. Design is what brings the rest of your marketing to life. It has the power to grab attention, tie in themes, and communicate beyond simply text. Great design tools are an extension of a great designer. Your needs will vary (like everything else) depending on budget, team resources, and time. Some tools are built for advanced designers, while others are geared towards the artistically adverse.
Which graphic design tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Design Tools
- Infogram: For engaging infographics and reports
- Piktochart: Easy to use design tool
- Venngage: Beautifully designed templates + infographic creation tool
Marketing Research ToolsDefined: Tools used to aid in the process of collecting information in order to accurately define opportunities and develop a marketing strategy. Sure, you can walk around a new city and discover some neat places… BUT if you do your research and build a plan, you’re more likely to get the most out of your experience. Similarly, you might occasionally strike gold without preparation. However, marketers tends to produce the best results when paired with adequate research + planning. When you have a thorough understanding of your target demographic, you can strategically create a marketing roadmap geared towards success.
Which marketing research and survey tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Marketing Research Tools
- Google Trends: Insight to current search trends
- SurveyMonkey: Professional survey software
Marketing Automation ToolsDefined: a tool with the goal of automating repetitive tasks in order to streamline and simplify a marketing team’s workflow. Sure, we all have the same 24 hours in a day, but what if we could take better advantage of our already limited time? Marketing automation tools can help ease some of the time-suck activities that take up too much of your valuable time. The best tools allow you to set it and forget it so you can focus on the rest of your ever-growing task list.
Which marketing automation tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Marketing Automation Tools
- GetResponse: Email marketing automation + more
- Hubspot: Automated, integrated workflows
- Marketo: multi-solution marketing automation
- Oracle: Cloud marketing solutions.
- Pardot: Automation by Salesforce
- SharpSpring: Campaign automation and tracking
Marketing Workflow ToolsDefined: Tools that offer planning features necessary to move a marketing project from idea to execution. Every marketer has a process in place for bringing an idea to fruition. However, if your process involves sticky notes, calendar reminders, check-in meetings, and spreadsheets… there are likely tools out there that could simplify this process for you. Marketing workflow tools feature built-in task management, collaboration features, and progress updates to help keep the entire team on track.
Which marketing workflow tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Marketing Workflow Tools
Copywriting ToolsDefined: Tools used to assist copywriters in crafting compelling language for various forms of marketing. Copywriting isn’t as simple as slapping a sentence down and calling it good. The best Copywriters approach their work thoughtfully and with intent- often going through multiple drafts before landing on the perfect message. Although Copywriters seem to have magic ink, even they need a little help sometimes to ensure they are crafting the best message possible.
Which copywriting tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other Copywriting Tools
SEO ToolsDefined: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools assist marketers with insights and opportunities for improvements that will increase their performance within search engine result pages. In the battle for page one rankings, marketers need to do everything they can to improve their page performance. SEO tools help simplify this process by giving you the information you need to make incremental improvements that can lead to big results.
Which search engine optimization tools are best?Click To Tweet
Other SEO Tools
- LSIGraph: Your latent semantic indexing best friend
- Majestic: Marketing search engine and backlink checker
- Moz: Keyword research, SEO, link building and more
- Screaming Frog: For crawling websites
- SEMrush: SEO and PPC analysis tool
Marketing Communication ToolsDefined: The in-office (often chat-based) tool used for communication + collaboration. Nobody likes unwanted desk drop-bys. They put a wrench in your day and throw off your focus. Communication tools allow collaboration between team members without being intrusive. Chats are great for quick questions, reminders, office announcements, or an occasional gif. In addition, chatting is a great alternative to sending out yet another email.
Which communication tools does your marketing team need?Click To Tweet
Other Marketing Communication Tools
- CoSchedule Discussion Threads: In-app, project and task level discussion capability
- Slack: the one-stop-talk chat tool