Copy is a specific type of content. Marketing copy is a useful tool that helps marketers and copywriters for a business educate customers and provides resources & details to create awareness of the products and services they offer.This infographic from Brafton explains the difference between content and copy:
Different types of marketing copy include:
- Long-form: Articles, blogs or other written copy that are more than 1,000 words.
- Short-form: Articles, blogs or other written copy that are between 500 and 800 words.
- Social media: Posts on social media networks for the purpose of selling or promoting a product or service. These posts are often shorter and are accompanied by images.
- Technical: Copy focused on product or service features. This includes customer support by user guides, instructions, and onboarding.
- Web content: Copy that appears on websites. This could include staff bios, company history, and product information.