The Project Template feature allows you to save a template version of a project that you can reuse for similar projects, allowing you to easily duplicate settings and saving time on repetitive tasks. Use project templates to automatically create projects on a recurring schedule. From weekly webinars to monthly newsletters, you can set a recurring schedule on any project template. Any user can implement a saved Project Template, but only admin users can create and save new templates.
- Creating a New Project Template
- Using a Project Template
- Set a Recurring Schedule
- Deleting Recurring Projects
- Editing a Project Template
Creating a New Project Template
To create a new Project Template from an existing project, follow these steps:
- From the calendar page, click the project you’d like to turn into a template.
- When viewing the project, click the ellipsis icon, then select Save as Template.
- You’ll see a blue Project Template header appear at the top of the page to indicate you are working with a template.
When you create a Project Template from an existing project, all the content and settings from the original project are preserved, with the following exceptions:
- Any discussion will not be duplicated in the template.
- For any scheduled items, times are preserved, and dates become relative to the scheduled date of the project. For example, if the original project was scheduled for September 5th, with a social post scheduled to publish at 8:00 AM on September 7th, the Project Template will have that social post scheduled to publish at 8:00 AM two days after the day project is scheduled. This same relative scheduling applies to tasks.
Using a Project Template
Once you have created a Project Template, you can use it as the basis for future projects. To use a Project Template, follow these steps:
- From the Calendar, click Create, or click on the day you’d like to schedule the project.
- Click From Template…
- In the Choose a Template panel, select the template you want to use.
- A new project will be created from the project template. You can edit and schedule this project as usual, without affecting the Project Template.
Set a Recurring Schedule
Automatically add repeating projects to your calendar by setting a recurring schedule.
From your Template Settings page, click into any template, then click Repeat. From there, you can:
- Set the desired frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Choose which day of the recurring project will be scheduled on.
- Choose when it begins and how long it will continue to repeat.
- Choose how many weeks into the future you want to see items scheduled on the calendar.
After you apply a recurring Project Template, you’ll see the next set of projects on your calendar based how far into the future you chose to see items scheduled. This allows your team to focus on the most important projects first while preventing too many notifications about projects that are too far in the future.
Editing a project that was created from a recurring schedule will not change any other project.
Deleting Recurring Projects
To delete future instances in bulk, in your calendar settings, under Templates, click Project. In the Usage column, click the number of future instances.
You can delete any individual instance that currently appears on your calendar, or choose Bulk delete all future projects.
Instances of the project that have been edited will not be deleted and will be marked [Recovered] on your calendar.
Back To Top
Editing a Project Template
You can easily access and edit existing Project Templates at any time. When you edit a template, the changes only apply to future projects created from the template. Existing projects will be unaffected.
Please note that only admins can edit Project Templates.
To edit a Project Template, follow these steps:
- In the Calendar Settings menu, under Templates, click Projects.
- Select the template you want to edit and make your desired changes.
You can also create new Project Templates from your Project Template Settings. Just click New Templates to create a template from scratch!
Do you have any specific feedback for us?
We appreciate any feedback you're willing to share.