The Project Template feature allows you to save a template version of a project that you can reuse for similar projects, allowing you to easily duplicate settings and saving time on repetitive tasks. Any user can implement a saved Project Template, but only admin users can create and save new templates.
Creating a New Project Template
To create a new Project Template from an existing project, follow these steps:
- From the calendar page, click the project you’d like to turn into a template.
- When viewing the project, click the ellipsis icon, then select Save as Template.
- You’ll see a blue Project Template header appear at the top of the page to indicate you are working with a template.
When you create a Project Template from an existing project, all the content and settings from the original project are preserved, with the following exceptions:
- Any discussion will not be duplicated in the template.
- For any scheduled items, times are preserved, and dates become relative to the scheduled date of the project. For example, if the original project was scheduled for September 5th, with a social post scheduled to publish at 8:00 AM on September 7th, the Project Template will have that social post scheduled to publish at 8:00 AM two days after the day project is scheduled. This same relative scheduling applies to tasks.
Using a Project Template
Once you have created a Project Template, you can use it as the basis for future projects. To use a Project Template, follow these steps:
- From the Calendar, click Create, or click on the day you’d like to schedule the project.
- Click From Template…
- In the Choose a Template panel, select the template you want to use.
- A new project will be created from the project template. You can edit and schedule this project as usual, without affecting the Project Template.
Editing a Project Template
You can easily access and edit existing Project Templates at any time. When you edit a template, the changes only apply to future projects created from the template. Existing projects will be unaffected.
Please note that only admins can edit Project Templates.
To edit a Project Template, follow these steps:
- In the Calendar Settings menu, under Templates, click Projects.
- Select the template you want to edit and make your desired changes.
You can also create new Project Templates from your Project Template Settings. Just click New Templates to create a template from scratch!
Do you have any specific feedback for us?
We appreciate any feedback you're willing to share.