Getting Started Guide: Marketing Calendar Pro
Assign Work To Your Team
Get Better Visibility & Keep Projects On TrackTask management and delegation in your Coschedule Marketing Calendar help you achieve better visibility so everyone on your team knows what they are doing and when they are doing it. Marketing Calendar makes it easy to assign work to your team, build a consistent workflow, and keep everyone on track. In This Lesson
- Assign Tasks To Your Team
- Apply A To-Do List To Your Project
- Schedule A Recurring Task
- Reschedule Projects When Plans Change
- Duplicate A Project
Assign Tasks To Your TeamTasks in Marketing Calendar are attached to Projects and allow you to designate duties to help you keep you and your team on track. If you have a small team, assigning tasks is a great way to make sure that projects are completed on time. To assign a task:
- Open a project on your calendar.
- On the right-hand side, you can add a new task.
- Then add a due date and assign a team member who will be responsible for executing the task.
Apply A To-Do List To Your ProjectAfter you’ve created one task in a project, continue adding a list of tasks to track everything that needs to be done to complete a specific project.
Apply An Existing Task TemplateMarketing Calendar has a pre-set list of task templates that contain commonly needed tasks for various types of marketing projects. Once you’ve applied the task template, you can easily delete unnecessary tasks, add new ones, and apply due dates.
Save A Task List As A Task Template Instead of manually adding the same to-dos one at a time, you can save a task checklist as a template to reuse again and again. This is especially useful for recurring projects, like social campaigns, blog posts, landing pages, and email campaigns. Here’s how to save the workflow you just created as a template:
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right-hand corner of your Task section.
- Select Task Template.
- Click Save Existing.
- Create a new project on your calendar.
- Click the “Templates” icon in the taskbar.
- Apply the task template you just created.
Schedule A Recurring TaskYou can schedule a recurring task for events or tasks that need to be completed on a regular basis. Choose how far in the future you’d like these events or tasks to automatically appear on your calendar. This gives you better visibility of your upcoming work and future bandwidth to take on new tasks. To create a recurring task:
- Create a new task on your calendar.
- Click Repeat.
- Choose how often you want to repeat the task and how far into the future you’d like to see tasks populate on your calendar.
Reschedule Projects When Plans ChangeThere’s an added benefit when you add your tasks to a specific project - rescheduling becomes a breeze! When you add tasks before the project’s due date, all your work is done prior to the project publishing. But sometimes last-minute project requests take priority or timelines change. If a project’s due date changes, simply drag and drop the project to a new date on the calendar. All the connected tasks (and social messages) will automatically reschedule along with it.
Duplicate A ProjectSimplify the process of adding new projects to your calendar with the duplication feature. Easily copy the project details (title, tasks, attachments, etc.) of an existing project without having to manually recreate it. For example, this works great if you are repeating a conference or webinar and all the tasks will stay the same (but dates and details may change slightly). Option 1: Duplicate a project using the + Create button
- Go to your main Calendar view.
- Click + Create.
- Select More Options.
- Click Duplicate Project.
- From the Duplicate menu, search for and select the project you want to duplicate.
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the project card.
- Select Duplicate.