Getting Started With CoSchedule For Agencies & Freelancers
Set Up Your Calendar For Multiple Clients
In This Lesson, you’ll learn how to:
- Organize Your Projects By Client Using Color Labels
- Add Tags for Specific Initiatives & Goals
- Connect Your Clients’ Social Media Profiles For Social Publishing
- Connect Your Clients’ Email & Blog Integrations
- Create A Custom Calendar View For Every Client
Introduction To Organizing Marketing CalendarAs an agency, you can use CoSchedule Marketing Calendar to organize your client work (alongside your own). But before you start adding projects, you should update your settings & workspaces to seamlessly coordinate everything in one place. In this Chapter, you’ll get step-by-step recommendations on how to set up your Marketing Calendar for managing multiple clients. What is this guide? This guide provides agencies a roadmap for using CoSchedule Marketing Calendar featuring best practices & tips specifically for agency teams. Who is this guide for? Marketing Agencies & Freelancers that need a better way to coordinate, organize, & execute their client work.
Organize Your Projects By Client Using Color LabelsIn your Marketing Calendar, Color Labels are the most powerful way to visually organize your client projects. Create a Color Label for every client & another for your internal marketing projects. This gives your entire team visibility into what your team is working on for clients & when in a glance. This makes it easy to identify your available capacity to take on new client work, identify needs for hiring new staff or contractors, & ensure client projects are finished on time.
Apply Color Labels To Your Marketing CalendarTo set up color labels:
- Click the Settings button in the left-side panel.
- Select Color Labels from the menu list under Settings.
- Assign a color label for each client
- Now you can create projects/social messages and assign the corresponding color label.
Add Tags For Specific Initiatives & GoalsColor labels are just one way you can organize your client projects. Marketing Calendar has other metadata you can use to further filter & segment your projects for clients. Create & use tags as another way to categorize your client projects. Add tags to visualize other key important project details including:
- Target Audience
- Billable vs. Non-Billable Projects
- And more!
Connect Your Clients’ Social Media Profiles For Social PublishingIf your agency manages social media for clients, Marketing is the perfect way to plan, create, publish, & report on campaigns. You can create standalone social messages or build out entire social campaigns on your Marketing Calendar. But first, you need to connect your client’s social profiles.
How To Connect Social Media Profiles
- Go to your Settings
- Select Social Profiles from the top menu
- Click + Connect Social Profile
Connect Your Clients’ Email & Blog IntegrationsIf you write & publish emails or blog posts for clients, connect their email & blog integrations. This syncs content created in outside tools to your calendar - which means you don’t have to duplicate work. Here are a few popular integrations you may want to connect:
- WordPress & HubSpot - Whenever someone creates a new blog post in WordPress or HubSpot, it will automatically appear on your Marketing Calendar.
- Email Marketing - Whenever someone creates a new email in Mailchimp, HubSpot, Constant Contact, or Campaign Monitor, a new project card will appear on your Marketing Calendar.
- Social Media - Marketing Calendar connects to your social channels, so you can plan, create, & schedule your social messages alongside your other projects. It also pulls social messages published outside CoSchedule to your Calendar, too.
- Click the Settings button in the left-side panel
- Select Integrations
- Start adding platforms.
Create A Custom Calendar For Every ClientAfter you create your color labels & tags, you can create a custom Calendar for every client using Saved Views. This filtered view of your Calendar allows you to declutter your Calendar and focus on work specific to each client. You can create as many of these as you have clients.
How To Create A Saved ViewHere’s how:
- On your main Calendar view, click “All.”
- Scroll to the bottom, and click + New Calendar View.
- Name the Calendar “[Client Name].”
- Click Filter to customize the filters for this view.
- Click Color Label & select the client’s designated color label from the list. This will pull in projects to this Calendar View using that specific Color Label. It will filter out the rest of the projects.
- Then click “Done” to save the Calendar.