What Is TikTok?
A social media app that allows users to create, watch, and share short-form videos.
What Is TikTok Influencer Marketing?
A social media marketing strategy that allows brands on TikTok to partner with an influencer to create content for the business.
1. Increase Your Chances Of Going ViralAbout 10% of small businesses that use TikTok go viral. TikTok’s algorithm recommends content to users based on user preferences – likes, following, and interactions – to boost video views. The publicity from TikTok’s viral content increases website traffic and brand awareness.
2. Improve Your Brand's Credibility90% of consumers of all ages would trust an influencer over a celebrity. Followers trust the expertise of an influencer’s opinion to build a brand’s credibility.
3. Reach Your Target Audience DirectlySelect an influencer in your niche to target your market audience. Target your audience to increase conversion rates and move leads down the sales funnel.
4. Boost Profits With TikTok InfluencersOn average, businesses and brands earn $5.20 for every dollar they spend on influencer marketing. The return on investment (ROI) from TikTok influencer marketing increase conversions and boosts sales. Take a look at the average cost per TikTok video based on the influencer tiers:
1. Identify Your Target AudienceDoes your target audience use TikTok? Or are you targeting a new audience on TikTok? Create personas to determine your target audience. Build your marketing campaign strategy on your target audience’s interests to find the right influencers and create discoverable content.
2. Determine Your NicheThe TikTok algorithm shares content with audiences based on their interests. Discover your niche to align your content with your audience’s interests. Conduct a hashtag search to identify your niche. TikTok’s Creative Center allows you to discover ranking hashtags based on your industry.
3. Find Your InfluencerResearch TikTok influencers to reach your target audience and create desired content. Connect with TikTok creators using Creator Marketplace to discover influencers for your brand. Source
4. Create Promotional TikTok ContentBuild a content strategy that boosts your influencer marketing campaign. Create viral content within your niche to reach your audience and expand the number of viewers.
1. Brand AwarenessThe average organic reach for brands on TikTok is about 118%. TikTok’s algorithm promotes content rather than boosting paid advertisements to reach the 1 billion monthly active users. Analyze brand awareness KPIs to determine the influencer’s effectiveness in reaching new customers.
TikTok Awareness Metrics
- Impressions: The number of times your content is placed in front of viewers
- Reach: Number of unique viewers on your TikTok page
- Brand mentions: The number of company mentions (i.e., tags)
- Follower growth: The total number of new TikTok followers
- Social share of voice: Percentage of conversations about your company on TikTok
3 Ways To Measure An Influencer’s Brand Awareness Using TikTok Analytics:
- Number Of Views
- Post Reach Percentage
- Number Of Likes
2. ConversionsTikTok's average conversion rate is around 3.4%. Track your influencer’s conversion rate to gauge the success of their TikTok campaigns and drive viewers down the marketing funnel. Analyze conversion KPIs to determine the influencer’s effectiveness in converting social media viewers to customers.
3 TikTok Influencer Campaign Conversions KPIs To Measure:
- Traffic to your website from an influencer’s video
- Sales from an influencer’s promo code
- Accounts registered by clicking a link in the influencer's bio
1. GymsharkGymshark is a fitness apparel and accessories brand that uses TikTok influencers to market its products. Influencers create fitness trend videos in their Gymshark apparel to boost brand awareness. Gymshark repurposes creator content on their TikTok to increase their online presence. Source
2. DuolingoDuolingo is a technology company that creates learning apps. The notorious owl mascot is considered a TikTok influencer, posting trending content on the brand’s page. The owl’scontent on Duolingo’s TikTok attracts new customers with content that consistently goes viral. Source
3. Bloom NutritionBloom Nutrition produces supplements and uses TikTok to increase product sales. Bloom pays influencers to create trendy videos on their accounts. Source
4. Fenty BeautyFenty Beauty is a cosmetics brand that markets its products on TikTok with educational makeup videos. These educational videos enhance the audience’s understanding of products to increase brand loyalty. Rihanna, Fenty Beauty CEO and influencer, educates followers on how to use the brand’s products. Source
5. SpikeballEver wonder how Spikeball became so popular? Spikeball has 1.2M followers on TikTok and is now a household game. Spikeball uses its TikTok platform to inform followers about the game and increase product sales. The brand uses professional Spikeball players as influencers to teach others how to play. Source
6. ChipotleChipotle creates educational content videos to establish the brand’s expertise in the restaurant industry. Source Influencer, Nick Digiovanni, shows how to make the chipotle vinaigrette on Chipotle’s account.
7. DunkinDunkin is a coffee chain that uses video series with famous influencers to promote the brand. Charli D’Amelio has 149.9M followers on TikTok and has been featured in a series on Dunkin’s TikTok page. Source
8. NBAThe NBA’s TikTok account hosts a series of mic’d-up content. Basketball influencers with a high following promote the association to gain NBA fans. Source
9. Calvin KleinCalvin Klein is a fashion label that uses a hashtag series on TikTok to boost brand awareness. Influencers post TikTok videos using #mycalvins to encourage audience engagement.
What Is TikTok’s Demographic?21.5% of TikTok's global audience are women between the ages of 18 and 24 years. Source
What Should I Send The Influencer?TikTok content is designed to be user-controlled and short-form. Allow the influencer to be the expert in their field but be sure to share some specific goals if you have them.
- Write out the main goal to establish a cohesive strategy.
- Share any specific talking points you would like the influencer to discuss in the content.
- Outline a timeline for the influencer to follow.