Customizing your notification settings will allow you to only see the notifications that you need to see.
To manage all calendar notifications, go to Notification Preferences.
You have complete control of your calendar(s) notifications for In-App, Email, and Browser. Either select specific sections of your calendar or manage specific notifications.
- The status of a project or post changes
- I am added as a contributor to a project
- I am assigned as the owner of a project
- A task is assigned to me
- Someone completes my task or a task that I have assigned
- My task due date changed
- My task is due tomorrow
- A new comment is made on an item I am contributing to
- Someone mentions me in a comment
- Someone reacted to my comment
- There was a problem with your social message (Owner, Manager, and Admin users will receive a notification if a social message failed to publish.)
- Receive a weekly digest of my activity
Social Profile Re-Authentication notifications are automatic and can not be managed in Notifications settings. Owner, Manager, and Admin users will receive a notification if a social profile that is connected to your calendar needs to be re-authenticated.
Turn On Browser Notifications
Toggling on browser notifications will allow you to be alerted about new activity on your calendar(s) even when you are not on app.coschedule.com.
To turn on browser notifications, choose which notifications you would like to be alerted for under the Browser column. Once you select a notification, you will receive an alert at the top of the notifications page, click Enable Browser Notifications.
After you click Enable Browser Notifications, you will receive an alert from your browser. Click Allow allowing CoSchedule to send browser notifications.
Depending on your browser, managing notifications may look different. More information can be found below.
Do you have any specific feedback for us?
We appreciate any feedback you're willing to share.