How to build the best marketing toolkit using 37 helpful templates.Click To Tweet
Download Your Ultimate Marketing Toolkit With 37 TemplatesFor your convenience, we put together all of the templates mentioned in this blog post into a single .zip file. Download the kit, extract the files, and customize your templates as needed to set up your toolkit. Best of all, everything’s free to download.
Marketing Planning Templates and How to Use ThemThe following templates will help you plan your marketing and understand your audience.
Marketing Strategy Template
- Marketing Strategy Guide Template: Document your entire strategy effectively and efficiently.
- Goal Tracking: Set measurable, actionable goals and track their progress.
- SWOT Analysis: Define strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that could impact your marketing.
- Marketing Persona: Create a persona of your typical audience member to better understand to whom you are marketing.
- Brand Voice: Determine the personality and emotion that your marketing will invoke.
- Brand Positioning and Voice (Blog Post): Find ways to make your brand relevant, unique, and credible.
- Marketing Tactics: Choose the marketing methods you’ll use to achieve your marketing goals.
- Project Backlog: Write down possible project ideas and determine their value to your company.
- Marketing Budget: Automatically calculate your goal-driven annual budget while setting final goals and stretch goals.
- Annual, Sales, Event, and Project Timelines (Blog Post): Plan marketing timelines by year, campaign, event, and project to anticipate projects as they come along.
- Content and Promotion Checklist (Blog Post): Outline the pieces of content you’ll make for your marketing project.
- Sprint Backlog: Divide your marketing timeline into phased development timelines, known as “sprints”.
- MROI (Blog Post): Calculate your marketing return on investment (MROI) — the net income you’ll make on your marketing.
- Content Marketing Strategy Template: Create standards of performance for your content and evaluate your deliverables using those standards.
- Social Media Marketing Strategy Template: Define all aspects of your brand’s social media strategy, including content format, posting schedule, and campaign goals.
- Email Marketing Strategy Template: Determine elements of your email marketing strategy such as your audience, email tools, and list segments.
Audience Persona TemplateYour audience persona will go hand-in-hand with your marketing strategy. Once you create a user persona that embodies your typical audience member, you can keep them in mind as you craft your marketing strategy. Our audience persona template will give you a one-page overview of your persona’s demographics, interests, and values.
- Google Analytics: You can install Google Analytics on your site to get in-depth data on your visitors’ demographics, interests, location, and behavior.
- Customer surveys: Ask your customers about their backgrounds and interests using a tool, such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms.
- Quora: Search for questions that you think your typical customer would ask on Quora and see what answers they find the most valuable.
Customer Journey Map TemplateCustomers go through many different thoughts and feelings as they decide to buy something. Understanding this evolution will give you a competitive edge in your market. Our customer journey map template will help you capture your customer’s experience from consideration to ownership.
Content Audit Template
- List your content pages manually or using a free tool, like Screaming Frog.
- Export Google Analytics and Google Search Console data and enter it into the sheet.
- Review KPIs and errors in your page data.
Small to medium-sized businesses, like yours, can analyze their content performance in-depth without worrying about their budgets.Click To Tweet
Content Matrix TemplateOne way to establish your brand as a helpful authority is to identify your customer’s pain points — the issues they want to solve with your product. In our blog post on pain points, we included a template for a content matrix that plots out relevant content.
Marketing Calendar TemplatesCalendars are the bread and butter of marketing roadmap creation. We kept our marketing calendar template straightforward, so you can see exactly what’s coming up on your schedule and who will do each task.
- Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template: Generate blog post ideas, assign posts, create a publishing schedule, and communicate with your blog team.
- Social Media Marketing Calendar Template: Create a day-by-day social media schedule organized by channel.
- Email Marketing Calendar Template: Strategize your email campaign and perform in-depth email content planning in a comprehensive spreadsheet.
Marketing Execution Tools and Their UsesWhen it’s time to execute your marketing plan, you can use these tools to create clean and consistent deliverables.
Creative Brief Template
Editorial Style Guide TemplateWhether you have one writer working on your content or a full team, a strong editorial style guide can help you create consistent content that meets your branding standards. We simplified the style guide writing process with our free template.
- Base style guide (such as the AP Style Guide)
- General best practices
- Internal jargon/brand terminology and how to phrase it for your audience
- Target audience personas
- Voice, style, and tone
- Content types and their specific standards of performance
- Formatting guidelines
- Image styles and design elements
Marketing Task Checklist Template
Dive into CoSchedule’s Task Templates and Team Performance Reports to define and track your task progress.Click To Tweet
Content Creation Templates
- Press Release Template: Create a detailed and appealing press release to spread the word about your company to journalists.
- Case Study Template: Tell a story about one of your customer’s experiences with your company to show the results you can deliver.
- White Paper Template: Establish your topical authority by arguing a point or solving a problem with research-based evidence.
- Website Content Template: Cover every aspect of a web page’s content — including the copy, images, and tags.
- Email Newsletter Template: Break down your email newsletter’s content for developer placement or teammate review.
- Outreach Email Template: Craft the perfect pitch for your next guest blog post.
- Video Script Template: Plan out your next promotional video by scene and narration.