What Are the Best Image, Video, and GIF Sizes for Social Messages?
We recommend the following sizes for media to have your social messages look their best when posted to the various social platforms.
- Facebook images look best when they are either 720px, 960px or 2048px wide.
- Facebook images must be less than 4MB.
- For the most updated image pixel requirements visit this article.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 to 9:16
- 5 seconds minimum and 240 minutes max video length
- For the most updated video specifications, visit this article.
- GIFs must be smaller than 4GB
- Instagram images look best when they are at least 1080px wide with an aspect ratio between 1.91:1 and 4:5.
- Maximum file size: 8MB.
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320
- Maximum width: 1440
- Format: .mov or .mp4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, mov atom at the front of the file.
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum (Note: If your video is too long or too short, it will fail to publish.)
- File size: 100MB maximum
- Aspect Ratio but be from 4:5 to 16:9.
- Instagram does not support .gif files. You need to convert the file into a .mp4 video file to upload it to Instagram.
- Images look best when they are 1200px x 627px with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- Must be less than 5MB.
- CoSchedule supports up to nine images with LinkedIn posts. If more than nine images have been added, LinkedIn will use the first nine.
- The following formats are supported: ASF, FLV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-4, MKV, WebM, H264/AVC, MP4, VP8 and VP9, and WMV2 and WMV3
- Maximum 30 minutes or 200MB per video.
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 or 2.4:1
- To best upload a GIF into your message, add it as an image rather than a video, and only select one profile.
- Once published, the GIF will display as a web-link.
- Images look best when they are at least 600px ×335px.
- Aspect ratio should be 16:9.
- The maximum file size is 5MB.
- Use GIF, JPEG, and PNG files.
- The maximum file size is 512 MB.
- The video must be less than 140 seconds.
- Aspect ratio is 3:1 to 1:3.
- CoSchedule currently supports uploading the following video file types for Twitter messages: .mov, .qt, .mp4, .m4p, .m4v, .mpeg, .mpg, .avi, .wmv, .flv, .ogg, .ogv, .webm, and mkv.
- For the most updated media specifications visit this article.
- Must be under 3MB.