What Are the Best Image, Video, and GIF Sizes for Social Messages?
We recommend the following sizes for media to have your social messages look their best when posted to the various social platforms.
- Facebook images look best when they are 720px, 960px, or 2048px wide.
- Facebook images must be less than 4MB.
- For the most updated image pixel requirements visit this article.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 to 9:16
- 5 seconds minimum and 240 minutes max video length
- For the most updated video specifications, see this article.
- GIFs must be smaller than 4GB
- Instagram images look best when they are at least 1080px wide with an aspect ratio between 1.91:1 and 4:5.
- Maximum file size: 8MB.
- Aspect ratio must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320
- Maximum width: 1440
- Format: .mov or .mp4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, mov atom at the front of the file.
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum (Note: If your video is too long or too short, it will fail to publish.)
- File size: 100MB maximum
- Maximum aspect ratio: 1080px by 1920px.
- Frame rate: 23 to 60
- Square video – 1:1 aspect ratio. The minimum resolution is 600px by 600px and the maximum resolution is 1080px by 1080px.
- Portrait video – 4:5 aspect ratio. The minimum resolution is 600px by 750px and the maximum resolution is 1080px by 1350px.
- Landscape video – 16:9 aspect ratio. The minimum resolution is 600px by 315px and the maximum resolution is 1080px by 607px.
- Instagram does not support .gif files. You need to convert the file into a .mp4 video file.
- Images look best when they are 1200px x 627px with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- Must be less than 5MB.
- CoSchedule supports up to nine images with LinkedIn posts. If more than nine images have been added, LinkedIn will use the first nine.
- The following formats are supported: ASF, FLV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-4, MKV, WebM, H264/AVC, MP4, VP8 and VP9, and WMV2 and WMV3
- Maximum 30 minutes or 200MB per video.
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 or 2.4:1
- Add as an image rather than a video, and only select one profile.
- Once published, the GIF will display as a web link.
- Images look best when they are at least 600px by 335px.
- The maximum file size is 512 MB.
- The video must be less than 140 seconds.
- The height:width ratio is 3:1 to 1:3.
- CoSchedule currently supports uploading the following video file types for Twitter messages: “.mov”, “.qt”, “.mp4”, “.m4p”, “.m4v”, “.mpeg”, “.mpg”, “.avi”, “.wmv”, “.flv”, “.ogg”, “.ogv”, “.webm”, and “mkv.”
- For the most updated media specifications visit this article.
- GIFs must be under 3MB.
- Images look best when they are 1000px x 1500px with an aspect ratio of 2:3.