What should we build in 2015? Take our 2015 feature survey now.
I love the start of a new year. It is such a great time to reflect on what we’ve done, and to rethink where exactly it is that we are going.
At CoSchedule, this means that we are laying the ground work for what’s ahead, and it’s something that we’re pretty excited about. But first, let’s quickly recap what we did in 2014.
This past year was primarily focused on core publishing features. Before 2014, you weren’t able to:
- Send images with your social messages. (Believe it or not!)
- View your social sharing analytics.
- Visually preview your social messages before they are sent.
- Schedule social messages to multiple accounts at once. (Also, believe it or not!)
- Easily share your old posts using our top posts page or right from the calendar interface. This has been a great way for users to build traffic!
- Add labels, events, notes, tasks, and oh-so-many things to the calendar.
- Plus many, many, many under-the-hood improvements and some super-secret new features that you haven’t even seen yet :)
It was a busy year, but it’s nothing compared to what we have planned next.
What’s Ahead For CoSchedule In 2015?
Well, we actually want your feedback on that. Please take our 2015 feature survey and share you thoughts. Otherwise, here’s what we’ve been thinking. In 2015 we plan to focus on two key areas.
- Allowing you to add more things to your calendar.
- Make it easier to get those things on your calendar.
Not long ago, we sent out a survey to many of our users and blogs readers, and the results were very telling. You told us that one of the major problems you wanted us to help you solve was scheduling content in advance and helping you become more consistent with your content.
For some of you, this comes down to blog content. For others, this may be social media or other types of content that need a place to live and be organized.
So, this is one of the key problems that we are going to focusing on helping your solve.
Allowing you to add more things to your calendar.
Right now, CoSchedule allows you to add blog content and social media content to your calendar (as well as notes, events, and tasks), but what if there was more that you could do?
We obviously know that most of you are probably using other types of marketing in addition to your blog and social media, so wouldn’t it be great if those things appeared on your calendar?
A few of the things we have been kicking around include:
- Email marketing campaigns
- Content suggestions and helpful recommendations
- More “generic” content types for website copy, guest posts, and ebooks
- Video, audio, or other rich content
What would you like to see? We have many other ideas, but we look forward to your feedback on this one.
Make it easier to get those things on your calendar.
Another major goal that we are hoping to tackle in 2015 is making is easier to get things onto your CoSchedule calendar. So far, this comes down to two primary methods.
- More input tools (Think: browser extensions, mobile apps, additional calendar views, etc.)
- More integrations (Where should we start? Google Calendar? MailChimp? Evernote? You tell us!)
Of course, this goal also means that we need to make some major improvements to the calendar itself. Over the next year you can expect an overhaul of our entire calendar interface from filtering to scheduling, to adding more ways for you to view and interact with your scheduled content (year/week/day views for example). Yay!
All-in-all, it should be a great year for what is already the best editorial calendar on the planet. Even better, the first of these new features are almost ready to ship. Expect some exciting updates soon :)
So, what about you? What do you think we should be building over the next year? Head over to the survey and let us know!