You can create, schedule, and post to LinkedIn directly through CoSchedule. Make sure you have a LinkedIn account connected to CoSchedule.
Create a New LinkedIn Post
1. Open your Calendar.
2. Click the orange Create button in the upper right corner.
3. Click Social.
4. Select Social Message.
5. Choose the account you’d like to post from using the drop-down menu.
6. Enter your desired text.
- As you type, you can see a character count for your message in the lower right. You can also add hashtags and emojis directly in this box.
7. Add your desired content and media (see the sections below).
8. Once your LinkedIn post is ready to be published, select the date and time you want it to appear or select Best Time.
9. Click Save.
Add a Picture or GIF to a Post
1. Click the camera icon.
2. Choose to either upload a file from your computer, select from previously-uploaded images, or choose media from your Assets folder.
3. Choose your desired photo or GIF.
4. Click Save.
LinkedIn Image Requirements:
- CoSchedule only supports a single image with LinkedIn posts. If more than one image has been added, LinkedIn will use the first one.
- LinkedIn images look best when they are 1200px x 627px with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- For GIFs: Upload the GIF to a message as an image, with only one profile selected. (It will be displayed as a web-link). Do not select video – the results are not as good.
Add a Video to a Post
LinkedIn currently does not allow third-party apps, such as CoSchedule, to post a native video to personal profiles. If you are scheduling a personal LinkedIn profile post, CoSchedule will publish the video as a link hosted by CoSchedule. When clicked, the video will play inside a new page.
If you want to schedule a video that plays on LinkedIn, you may upload your video to a service such as YouTube or Vimeo. Then add the video’s URL to the message in CoSchedule. The video will then play on LinkedIn’s network.
When posting a video to a Company Profile, it will show as natively posted and will auto-play when scrolling.
To Add a Video:
- Click the video camera icon.
- Choose to either upload a file from your computer, select from previously-uploaded images, or choose media from your Assets folder.
- Choose your desired video.
- The video will proces – you can save the message while this is happening.
- Click Save.
LinkedIn Video Requirements:
- Must be less than 1GB.
- For the most updated video specifications, visit this article.
Additional Message Enhancements
- Add a target audience if you have that integration. Learn how here.
- To mention a another LinkedIn page in your post:
- Type @pagename in the text area.
- A list of results will populate with page icons.
- Select the username from the list, and you’ll see it turn blue.
- CoSchedule doesn’t support mentioning other profiles in a post.
- Check your LinkedIn post for some key metrics that indicate how successful it is likely to be by clicking the Analyze Button in the lower right corner.
- Add a color label to your post to help visually organize your calendar by clicking the white circle in the lower left corner and choose a color.
- Add your post to ReQueue by clicking the ReQueue icon.
- Learn more about ReQueue here.
- Connect a LinkedIn Company Page to Your Calendar
- Connect a LinkedIn Personal Profile to Your Calendar
- Target Facebook and LinkedIn Page Posts
Do you have any specific feedback for us?
We appreciate any feedback you're willing to share.