How to Create and Schedule a LinkedIn Post
You can create, schedule, and post to LinkedIn directly through CoSchedule. Make sure you have a LinkedIn account connected to CoSchedule.
Create a New LinkedIn Post1. Open your Calendar. 2. Click the orange Create button in the upper right corner. 3. Click Social. 4. Select Social Message. 5. Choose the account you’d like to post from using the drop-down menu. 6. Enter your desired text. As you type, you can see a character count for your message in the lower right. You can also add hashtags and emojis directly in this box. 7. Add your desired content and media (see the sections below). 8. Once your LinkedIn post is ready to be published, select the date and time you want it to appear or select Best Time. 9. Click Save.
Add a Picture or GIF to a Post1. Click the camera icon. 2. Choose to either upload a file from your computer, select from previously-uploaded images, or choose media from your Assets folder. 3. Choose your desired photo or GIF. 4. Click Save.
LinkedIn Image Requirements
- CoSchedule supports up to nine images with LinkedIn posts. If more than nine images have been added, LinkedIn will use the first nine.
- LinkedIn images look best when they are 1200px x 627px with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- For GIFs: Upload the GIF to a message as an image, with only one profile selected. (It will be displayed as a web link). Do not select a video - the results are not as good.
Add a Video to a Post
- Click the video camera icon.
- Choose to either upload a file from your computer, select from previously-uploaded images, or choose media from your Assets folder.
- Choose your desired video.
- The video will process - you can save the message while this is happening.
- Click Save.
LinkedIn Video Requirements
- Maximum 30 minutes or 200MB per video.
- For the most updated video specifications, visit this article.
Additional Message Enhancements
- Add a target audience if you have that integration. Learn how here.
- Check your LinkedIn post for some key metrics that indicate how successful it is likely to be by clicking the Analyze Button in the lower right corner.
- Add a color label to your post to help visually organize your calendar by clicking the white circle in the lower left corner and choose a color.
- Add your post to ReQueue by clicking the ReQueue icon.
- Learn more about ReQueue here.
Note: ReQueue is an Advanced Social Media Publishing feature and only available in Marketing Calendar Pro.