How to Create a Social Message
Use CoSchedule to publish social messages on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. To learn how to post on a specific Social Media platform, visit the Support Docs linked below:
- How to Create and Schedule a Facebook Post
- How to Create and Schedule an Instagram Post
- How to Create and Schedule a LinkedIn Post
- How to Create and Schedule a Pinterest Post
Note: Marketing Calendar Free plans are limited to 5 scheduled or drafted social messages at one time. To get unlimited social media publishing, upgrade to Marketing Calendar Pro.
Create a Social Message:1. Click the orange Create button in the top right-hand corner of your calendar or click + on the day you want to schedule the Social Message. 2. Select Social. 3. Choose Social Message to create a stand-alone message or Social Campaign to create a string of social messages. 4. Select the social profile(s) you'd like to post to from the drop-down menu.
- The profile(s) you've selected will show in the box.
- You can remove a profile by clicking on the thumbnail picture.
- If you select multiple profiles, the social message will be split into separate messages once saved — one message per social profile.
- The character count for the message will display in the bottom right-hand corner.
- If you aren’t ready to schedule, click to change the status to Draft or Pending Review.
- These statuses will prevent the Social Message from publishing. Only messages set to Scheduled status will be published.
- This date/time can be changed up until the Social Message publishes.
- Learn more about the Best Time Scheduling option here.
- Once saved, you can edit a Social Message:
- Click on the message from the calendar view.
- Edit the message.
- Click Save.
- If you need to delete a scheduled Social Message before it publishes:
- Hover over the social message on the calendar.
- Click the ellipsis menu.
- Select Delete.
Note: When your Social Message status is set to Scheduled and the scheduled time arrives, your message will automatically publish to the social profile — except for messages scheduled for Instagram personal profiles and multi-image messages scheduled for Instagram business accounts that need to be published manually after receiving a push notification.published manually after receiving a push notification.
Additional Message Enhancements
- Depending on the social profile you can also use this section to @ mention another social account.
- For more help with this, checkout our Support Doc here.
- To include a link in your social message, add it to this field as well.
- After adding a URL, a preview of the link will display under the text. If you are not seeing the link preview, hit Enter on your keyboard.
- If you don't want it to include a URL in your message:
- Once you see the link preview, delete the URL from the body of your Social Message.
- The preview will stay in your message, and it will remain a link type Social Message.
- If you don't want to include the link preview in your message:
- Click the X on the link preview and the link image to remove them.
- Clicking the Camera or Video buttons will allow you to attach image(s) or a video to your message.
- Within a single Social Message you can include multiple images (depending on the platform) or one video, but not a combination of the two.
- Click Analyze to analyze the Social Message with our Social Message Optimizer to help you grade your message for a better engagement rate before scheduling.
- Click the white dot to add a color label to your Social Message.