Instagram Personal Profiles & Creator Accounts
Follow the instructions below to connect an Instagram personal profile or creator account to your calendar and successfully publish content.
- Connect an Instagram Personal Profile or Creator Account to Your Calendar
- Direct Publish
- Publish with Push Notifications
- Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- Remove an Instagram Personal Profile or Creator Account from Your Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
Connect an Instagram Personal Profile or Creator Account to Your Calendar
- Log in to the correct profile at instagram.com
- In CoSchedule, open your Social Profiles page, then click Connect Social Profile
- Select Instagram, then Personal or Creator Instagram, then click Let's Connect
- When the next page pops up, allow all the permissions for CoSchedule.
- On the next screen, you're set to go. Click Ok, Got it!
Direct PublishDirect publishing to Instagram personal profiles and creator accounts is not available. If you'd like to convert to a business account to take advantage of direct publishing, you can learn more here. Be sure to complete Step 6 to connect your business account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. Back To Top
Publish with Push NotificationsYou can publish posts to your Instagram personal profile using push notifications. Follow the steps below to set up and publish with push notifications.
Step One: Download the CoSchedule App
- Download the CoSchedule mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Log in to the app using the email address and password tied to your CoSchedule account. You will be asked to allow notifications. Tap Allow.
Step Two: Enable Push Notifications
- In the CoSchedule mobile app, tap on the Instagram icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- The Ready To Post window will appear. Next, click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of your phone screen.
- You’ll see the Notifications Settings window. Make sure the box next to the Instagram profile is checked to receive push notifications.
Step Three: Publish to Instagram via Push NotificationsAfter you schedule an Instagram post, you will receive a push notification on your mobile phone when the scheduled time is reached. Follow all of the steps below to successfully publish your post to Instagram.
- Tap the push notification on your mobile phone.
- You will see a Preview Message screen. Tap Post Now to Instagram.
- Posting To Instagram instructions will display. Click Continue. This will redirect you to the Instagram app.
- If you manage multiple Instagram accounts, toggle to the correct account if needed.
- From Instagram, click + to create a new post.
- Select your image(s) or video (the media you scheduled will show up first in your library). You can then edit your image if desired. Once you have finished editing your post, click Next.
- In the caption field, long-press on your screen until the Paste option shows up. Click Paste to add the text you scheduled, then click OK.
- When you are ready to publish your post to Instagram, click Share.
Note: CoSchedule will send the full image to Instagram. Resize the image if needed.Back To Top
Troubleshooting Connection IssuesIf you're having trouble, retry the connection process in an incognito/private browser tab, or another browser.
Remove an Instagram Personal Profile or Creator Account from Your Calendar
- Open Settings, then click the Social Profiles tab
- Click on the Instagram Personal Profile or Creator Account you'd like to remove from the left-side menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete Profile from Organization
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I missed the push notification?If you missed a push notification or scheduled a post before enabling push notifications you can still publish the post. In the CoSchedule mobile app, navigate to the Ready to Post page by clicking on the Instagram icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your phone screen. Click on the unpublished Instagram post, then follow steps 2 through 7 in the section above Publishing to Instagram Through Push Notifications.
How many Instagram accounts can I connect to my calendar?You can connect as many Instagram accounts as your CoSchedule plan allows. If you hit your limit, go to your Billing page and edit your plan to add more Social Profiles to your plan.
Can I upload multiple images (Carousel) to a post?Yes! You add up to 10 images per Instagram post.
What types of posts can I schedule?You can schedule single-image, multi-image (Carousel), and video posts to Instagram through CoSchedule.
Is there a limit to the number of hashtags allowed?Yes, captions can contain a maximum of 30 hashtags.
What is the recommended image size?
- Maximum file size: 8MiB
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320
- Maximum width: 1440
- Height: Varies, depending on width and aspect ratio
How long can my videos be?Instagram videos need to be at least 3 seconds and cannot be longer than 60 seconds.
Recommended Video Specifications
- Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
- Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum