Consumers spend $5.87 billion on St. Patrick’s Day-related items according to National Retail Federation. Use these St. Patrick’s Day marketing ideas to target new audiences and increase profits in March.
1. Host A “Wear Green” Promotion
79% of people wear green on St. Patricks Day. Invite consumers who wear green for the holiday to participate in a discounted product or service.
Use this St. Patrick’s Day promotion to increase foot traffic.
2. Decorate Your Storefront
Add Irish decor – green banners, Irish flags, or shamrock plants – to your store. Give your business curb appeal to attract shoppers to the store.
3. Organize A St. Patrick’s Day Event
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an event to promote your brand.
3 St. Patrick’s Day Event Ideas:
- Host an Irish trivia night
- Sponsor a parade
- Organize a treasure hunt in your store
4. Donate To Green Thumb Organizations
Share a percentage of your sales with an eco-friendly organization. 82% of shoppers want a consumer brand’s values to align with their own.
Partner with eco-friendly influencers to improve your brand’s value and increase sales.
5. Share St. Patrick’s Day Blog Content
Write a St. Patrick’s Day-themed blog post to drive webpage traffic.
St. Patrick’s Day Blog Post Ideas
- Health Companies: Post a listicle piece on healthy St. Patrick’s Day recipes.
- Hospitality Organizations: Share the top locations to visit in Ireland.
- Educational Businesses: Write a list of St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas with a downloadable resource.
6. Optimize Your Email Marketing Subject Lines
7. Offer A Limited-Edition Item
Promote a limited-edition product to boost seasonal sales. Short-term products excite existing customers and lead to a 25% increase in new customers.
8. Run A St. Patrick’s Social Media Contest
Host a social media contest to improve engagement and attract new audiences.
9. Use Lucky Hashtags
Incorporate St. Patrick’s Day-inspired hashtags into your social media posts. Hashtags get your content in front of a larger audience and boost your post visibility.
10. Launch A St. Patrick’s Collection
Promote your St. Patrick’s collection to create buzz around your new product line.
11. Create A Green Merchandise Display
Showcase your St. Patrick’s Day products on a display to make these items stand out and increase sales.
12. Go Green With Your Logo
Show your holiday spirit with an updated logo to differentiate your brand from competitors.
13. Leverage UGC Content With A Photobooth
Want to host an event and have no idea what to add? Try a photobooth!
Photobooths allow customers to share pictures on social media. Use a photobooth at your St. Patrick’s Day event to organically promote your brand with user-generated content.
14. Offer A Buy 2 Get 1 Free Discount
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day three-leafed plant: The shamrock.
Offer a discount of “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” in honor of the shamrock. This discount increases sales and boosts brand awareness.
15. Personalize The Purchase
Include an additional gift with a purchase to build customer loyalty and encourage repeat purchases.
St. Patrick’s Day Gift Ideas To Add To Purchases:
- Chocolate coins
- Company gift card
- Any green sample product
16. Design Social Media Advertisements
59.3% of the global population uses social media. Create a St. Patrick’s Day-themed advertisement on any social media platform to improve outreach and brand awareness.
Tip: Use retargeting tactics to segment your audience and improve conversion rates.
Recommended Reading 20 Important Social Media Marketing Benefits You Need
17. Encourage Staff To Dress Up
Employees that feel included experience a 56% increase in job performance. Foster a sense of belonging by allowing employees to wear their St. Patrick’s Day outfits.